Alright, so Valentine’s Day can be a lot of pressure for both singles and couples – guys and gals. Guys, your best bet is to be original – make it memorable for the lady in your life! Hallmark has over 1330 different cards specifically for Valentine’s Day.. but the sweetest cards are homemade.. (hint hint) or buy handmade on Etsy
February 14th doesn’t only have to be for the ones in love. Single ladies and guys alike can have a great day they can look forward to as well.
With the holiday falling on a Monday this year (ugh!) Some of you will be looking for fun Valentine’s Day ideas that might force you to celebrate a few days before or after.Here are our top 10 Valentine’s Day (or week) ideas for both Singles and Couples. Enjoy!
Singles guide to surviving Valentine’s Day:
1. In need of some lovin’? Plan on adopting a pet at your local animal shelter. It’s a quick way to help change the life of a new friend like these little guys!2. Schedule a day at the spa. New Image Med Spa offers chocolate hot stone pedicures, chocolate truffle manicures and pedicures, and chocolate body scrubs.. yes please! Guy’s, don’t feel left out. They have a “just for him package” as well.
3. Make a toast to the single life! Dress up and go out for cocktails and dinner with your closest single friends. Pick a place with a great atmosphere such as the new Hubbard Grille in the Short North. Statistics show Valentines Day is the best night of the year to meet someone for a potential new date.
4. Throw an “Anti-Valentine’s Day” soiree with a killer black and red menu. Include spicy foods, foods full of garlic, maybe some wine and stinky (but delicious) cheeses. Make funny anti-love fortunes to put in homemade fortune cookies or bake a ‘broken hearted’chocolate mousse raspberry cake.
5. Feeling a little bummed out about the whole thing? Grab some friends and head out to The Big Bang Bar for a guaranteed great time. Not into it? Columbus offers a number of fun comedy clubs that will definitely take your mind off of Valentines Day.
3. Feeling adventurous? How about a plane ride around the city! JP’s BBQ Ribs and Chicken is hosting a Valentine’s Day dinner buffet and airplane ride around downtown Columbus.4. Want to get out of Columbus but don’t have the time? Set the mood and reserve your seat for Valentine’s Day at Cameron Mitchell’s M and feel as if you’ve stepped into a chic south beach restaurant and bar.
5. Looking for something more laid back? Clayspaceis having a Valentine’s Date night. Enjoy two-hours of private lessons on the potter’s wheel on February 12th.
Be Creative on Valentine’s and most importantly be thankful for your singleness or for your loved one!